Creating Renewable Energy From Wood Waste
Biomass One is a 30 megawatt, wood waste fired cogeneration plant which annually recovers 355,000 tons of wood waste.
- Local public and area businesses provide Biomass One with wood waste for fuel.
- Recovered wood waste is converted into electricity and steam.
- Waste wood is recovered from six County Landfills in Southern Oregon and Northern California.
- All electricity is sold to Pacific Power for distribution to their customers in the Rogue Valley.
- Biomass One produces enough power to satisfy the needs of over 20,000 homes.
- Biomass One employs 67 people in all segments of its operation.
Biomass One provides the community with a mutually beneficial and environmentally preferable means of wood waste disposal, which would otherwise fill up scarce landfill resources or pollute the air-shed through open burning.
Save On Your Landscaping Project!
Use our handy print & save coupon to save money on your next landscaping project. Print & Save Now!
Biomass One has made a commitment to be a viable, clean alternative for wood waste disposal in Southern Oregon, expanding to meet the future needs of the Rogue Valley.